last update : 02/12/2016
TOGAF® 9.1 Foundation and Certified
TOGAF® is the foremost generic framework in the field of IS/IT Architecture. It contains substantial guidance on what to do to establish an architecture practice and then how to use it in connection with planning the longer-term transformation of the enterprise (strategic architecture), and designing capabilities to support it.
The TOGAF® accredited course examines how practitioners can base their activities on a solid set of processes. It looks at the framework as a whole, including the numerous techniques to assist in organising, governing and now in the latest version, describing architecture. The recommendations on how to adapt the framework to deal with issues such as Security and Service-oriented Architecture are also covered. The course also spans the Learning Points required to take the combined TOGAF® 9.1 Foundation and Certified exams (Level 1 & 2), and during the course delegates will be helped to prepare for this combined exam.
For full details of the TOGAF® certification scheme, visit the following link: www.opengroup.org
- Architects from within complex organisations looking for a set of solid processes to help in the organisation, governance and management of architecture teams and multiple architecture projects.
- Experienced architects looking for details on the elements of sound architectural process and practice.
- Senior managers, such as Project Managers and Service Managers, who wish to gain a full appreciation of architecture practice.
- The course fee includes the cost of the combined exam voucher for the TOGAF® 9.1 Combined Level 1 and Level 2 exams (OG0-093). You will be provided with an Exam Voucher code during the course, so that you can redeem it directly with Prometric when ready to take the exam (www.prometric.com)
- If you wish to take the two exams separately and therefore wish to purchase two exam vouchers (OG0-091 and OG0-092) instead, there will be an additional cost of £89.00 to pay, due to the additional costs of the individual vouchers. You will need to let us know before you attend the course if you wish to take the exams separately. Achieving this level of Certification also qualifies delegates to take the BCS Practitioner Certificate in Enterprise and Solution Architecture without the need for the BCS Intermediate Certificate.
There are no formal pre-requisites for this course and certification. It is however strongly advised that delegates have several year's experience in IT in a variety of roles have an understanding of Enterprise or IT Architecture.
Delegates will learn how to:
At the end of this course you will be able to understand:
- The Architecture Development Method (ADM) - architecture process
- Guidelines and techniques for using and adapting the ADM
- The Architecture Content Framework - how to describe architecture
- The Enterprise Continuum - a classification system for architecture assets
- TOGAF® 9 Reference Models - the 'building blocks' of an Information System
- Architectural Governance and Capability - governance, skills and maturity
- Management Overview
- The TOGAF® 9.1 Components
- An Introduction to the Architecture Development Method
- The Enterprise Continuum
- The Architecture Repository
- The Architecture Content Framework
- The Architecture Content Metamodel
- The Preliminary Phase
- Architecture Governance
- Business Scenarios
- Stakeholder Management
- Architecture Views and Viewpoints
- Building Blocks and the ADM
- Phase A: Architecture Vision and Implementation Support Techniques
- Phase B: Business Architecture
- Phase C: Information Systems Architectures
- Phase C: Data Architecture
- Phase C: Applications Architecture, and the III-RM
- Phase D: Technology Architecture and Foundation Architecture
- Phase E: Opportunities and Solutions and Planning Techniques
- Phase F: Migration Planning and Techniques
- Phase G: Implementation Governance
- Phase H: Architecture Change Management
- ADM Requirements Management
- Architecture Partitioning
- Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: Iteration and Levels
- Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: Security
- Guidelines for Adapting the ADM: SOA
- Architecture Maturity Models
- Architecture Skills Framework
The Open Group Certification logo is a trademark and the word TOGAF is a registered trademark of The Open Group in the United States and other countries. TOGAF® 9 Foundation and Certified (Level 1 and 2) is an Accredited TOGAF® 9 Training Course and complies with the accreditation requirements for The Open Group TOGAF®
If you would like to register for this course or have any further questions, please contact:
UNICOM Seminars Ltd, OptiRisk R&D House, One Oxford Road, Uxbridge, UB9 4DA
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org OR Tel: +44 (0) 1895 256 484
Submit your details to download the brochure: